11.29.2007

What is Kiva?

I have made three loans to three businesses in need. I really like this idea and hopefully it will work for all those individuals trying to start their own businesses. Well, I did make a loan to someone who is looking to repair their home, they both have jobs which I think might allow them to be able to pay back loans, I am not sure if anyone else will buy that. I guess the organisation that is working with them would not recommend the project if they didn't have confidence. The loan is for 18 mos. but this is a home for these people. The other business is a shop and construction company. It reminds me of when I was 17 years old and I sponsored a foster child in Brazil, I felt really good about doing something like that. Anyhow, I really believe that people should help others less fortunate regardless of where they are.

Kiva.org

No comments: