11.26.2007

another frequently occuring dream

This one is just f~Up. I can't understand it, so I'm just going to throw out items, scenarios etc without actually going into a narrative...So in this dream, there is dark house, the main activity takes place in kitchen, I see a fridge, stove, table (more like a booth from some 60s diner). My aunt and I are in this house, the building itself is very narrow, there is a staircase leading to the basement and one upstairs. As we explore this house, there are areas that are hidden or passageways that lead to different areas - this building seems haunted. We return to the kitchen, and I am sitting with my aunt at the table, discussing something, when someone comes into the kitchen, and there head falls off and rolls on the floor. We both run around this house trying to find a way out and all the windows and doors are locked. There are only candles lit, and the flickering has cast shadows on the wall to expose the blood stained walls. I am freaking at this point and we somehow manage to get outside to a unpaved road. We are running through a forest with tall trees. We continue running as something is chasing after us. Finally get to a paved road and are running along the middle yellow line. Something is pulling my aunt up and as I try to catch up, she is rising up further away from me, I can see my outstretched hand trying to catch hers and I can't reach it and I am usually crying at this point, which wakes me up as I am actually crying. So I did go into a narrative. I only sought out a few meanings from the online dictionary. I also included some that I don't remember, but have had dreams about...
  • To discover secret passageways in your dream, parallels to something new and/or exciting that is occurring in your waking life. It may refer to new opportunities, a new relationship, or a new attitude toward life. If you wake up before fully exploring these passageways, then it suggests that you may not know how to go about taking advantage of these opportunities or how to move forward with a relationship. Perhaps the newness and uncertainty of this discovery also makes you a little more cautious. This is a positive dream.
  • To see a pigeon in your dream, suggests that you are taking the blame for the actions of others. Pigeons also represent gossip or news. You may be expressing a desire to return home.
  • To dream of a porch, represents your personality, your social self, your facade and how you portray yourself to others. Consider the condition and size of the porch. In particular to dream of an enclosed porch, suggests of your tendency to distance yourself from others and your desires for privacy.
  • To dream of an opened porch, signifies your outgoing nature and welcoming attitude.
  • To dream that someone or something is in pursuit of you, indicates that you are refusing to acknowledge a certain viewpoint or idea.
  • To dream that you are in pursuit of someone or something, suggests that you are being denied of your power and influence. You need to re-evaluate your strengths and concentrate your efforts in something more worthwhile.
  • To see a red hot oven in your dream, symbolizes you will be loved by friends and family for your devotion and unselfish nature. Alternatively, it symbolizes the womb. You may be in anticipation or fear of having children. Consider the phrase " a bun in the oven".
  • To dream that your oven is broken, signifies many vexations from children.
  • To see a burning candle in your dream, signifies that good luck and hope will be coming your way in small and steady amounts. You are in a comfortable stage in your life and may be seeking spiritual enlightenment. Lit candles are also symbolic of intellect, enlightenment, awareness or the search for truth.
  • To dream that you are in a dining room, represents your quest for knowledge and understanding. You may be reaching an important decision in your life.
  • To see the woods in your dream, represents life, fertility, rejuvenation, and spring. Alternatively, it symbolizes the unknown and unconscious. You need to be more open-minded to discovering your potential and instinctual nature.
  • To dream that you are walking through the woods, signifies your return to an aspect of yourself that is innocent and spiritual.
  • To see a staircase in your dream, symbolizes change and transformation.
I have had this dream every other year since my teens. I haven't had it in a while, but the previous dream might be a indicator of things to come.

No comments: