7.24.2005

Karl Lagerfeld is A Genius!


Karl Lagerfeld is a Genius!

I have been an admirer of Gabrielle Coco Chanel since I was 10 years old. In '87, I began collecting advertisements (no, way could I every afford anything!) so ads are the next best thing. I have a lovely 4 - 5 page spread of some nice pix of Ines de la Fressenge (sp?). I used to love that name, the way it just elegantly rolls out like beautiful music. In 2001, I couldn't believe my eyes, while walking behind the Ritz (the same entrance that Princess Di and Dodi left that day back in '97) - came upon the Chanel shop, and g-d didn't this black Range Rover pull up and out pops that white hair + black glasses - Karl Lagerfeld walks right past my path, no more than a few steps in front of me, into the shop (entourage in tow). oh, it would have been great if I had the opportunity to meet him.

No comments: