3.02.2008

whatever happened to integrity

Over the past year, I have spent (as a part of my job) reconcilling claims and reviewing project files. These files are then sent to another office where they are reviewed and sent for payment. I feel I have done a fairly accurate job and expect the same of the office receiving them. Obviously this is not the case. What I did encounter was a person who spent more time on MSN, Facebook and MySpace during work hours and did a half ass job. Its unfortunate too, I really liked them and respected them. As this person has now left the department, left to go shack up with someone outside the city, good for them, I was pleased they were following their heart. There is a new person who has been filing in and trying to make sense of ALL the work that was not completed or was totally wrong. The expenditures made by that person, is enough to make me sick. The wastefulness of money that could have went elsewhere to benefit the hungry - instead was used to buy things I can't mention here (but online social sites on a co. credit card should give you an idea of what other crap was purchased), and it goes on. I don't understand how this person can live with themself for what they have done.They are now claiming to be a motivational speaker and life coach. Kudo's to them, but I don't think they should be allowed to look after any financial matters - as they definitely lack the integrity. Aside from that I admire there courage, it is truely remarkable. I just don't admire their work ethics and these poor decisions has ultimately cost this department a lot of money.

No comments: