3.14.2005



Sopranos: when the hell are you coming back to TV? Is this a mob thing? Repeats and delays like crazy... see below.


Growing up, Gotti (A&E, Mon nights, 9 - 10pm est)
I am so tired of listening to Victoria Gotti go on about her 'boys'. When this show first started, I totally wanted to see what these Gotti's and her family were like, sure I was curious. Now, after watching repeats after repeats, I am not liking it anymore. Especially the commentary by Victoria, how she goes on about nothing, her voice is just so bland. Does she still work at Star Magazine? I haven't seen her writing in the mag's - not that I read the thing, just for the pix, I like to see what everyone's wearing. So, Vic tends to wear White or Black. Apparently she has extensions, which is disappointing cause I liked her hair. I love her Louis bag, and am considering getting something like that . I am glad they introduced 'Robert' into the show - he's quite funny, along with Luigi aka the 'Count' Luigi de Marco from Rome. sure, whatever. I think there is supposed to be one more season, and now she is moving from her mansion because she's lacking in privacy. Geez, what did you expect?! I am intrigued by the whole mafiosa thing, however, this show is too kookie to even try to associate them with the Mob, which may be their intent, but I don't really think that this family is close to normal. Her sons annoy the hell out of me, but they are young. okay. bring on some more.

more reality stuff: Intervention (A&E, Sun nights, 10pm est)
I like this show. I have to disagree with some comments written up about how this was done, misleading the participants. Interventions are like that. If you need to put on a farce to get them to the intervention, then so be it. The fact that the participants have already admitted to having a problem and willing to be in some documentary on addictions, why should there be any legal consequences for the producers if at the end, they are offered the opportunity to get better? These people are in a documentary, and like any talk show that brings people on for one reason (springer-esque) and then present something totally different to them, only to have all kinds of crap occur as a result? So I disagree with the reviews of some newspapers that say this is a crappy show, I think its real, and also, I don't think the world needs to see the time in rehab because everyone is different (this was commented when at the end of the show, they only show their progress after several months, have you ever seen someone in major withdrawal from, say, crack/cocaine/heroin? Nor I, but I hear its NOT a pretty sight.)

Ciao.

No comments: