8.30.2009

what was I thinking

This evening I had planned on hitting up a Thornhill Liberal Riding Associations' Liberal Helpings BBQ - was delayed at a family gathering, I wasn't going to leave my family; I rarely get the opportunity now to see them, a no-brainer decision right? Anyhow, I arrived home too late. I don't understand the process of nominating someone and its something I would like to take part in. Dr. Karen Mock sounds like a fabulous person. She has spent many years in one form or another focusing on human rights, anti-racism.. "Dr. Mock is included as one of the 100 worldwide “Everyday Freedom Heroes” for her human rights and antiracism work, in a permanent display at the Freedom Center in Cincinnati, the U.S. National Museum to the Underground Railroad." (source: facebook group)

Its wonderful news if she is nominated and selected/elected. Even better if she sends Peter Kent packing. I'm sure he'd like to get back to wherever he lived before. I can't imagine anyone picking up and moving into an area where they will run. But with the salary MP's get, who wouldn't? I'd love to see an actually resident run.

No comments: