1.18.2009

decorating

I have started to think about decorating my place again... this time, small steps - first up are paint samples. I am going for a very neutral beige or grey colours, warm colours. I came across a picture of some new condo models and loved the look of the walls, with black frames, silver appliances and a beautiful hard wood (or bamboo) flooring. I envision having a lime green (light) colour tiles for the backsplash in the kitchen and a wood (perhaps dark) doors on the cabinetry. The last thing I will do is replace the carpeting in the hallway and living room with a flooring that can stand Silas's nails (i.e., will not scratch easily). Otherwise, I will get an area carpet - preferably a persian type one - with deep reds and beige. I guess I am thinking cinnamon and spice - India.

No comments: