8.04.2006

The Problem of Too Many Friends

So I have been after my friends to get signed up on MySpace so we can share this experience (pls note the word 'experience'). One did sign up finally, and has seven friends. She hasn't done a thing to her page, hasn't logged on since the 27th. And its not that she doesn't have internet, they do. My beef: if you didn't want to sign up, why did you waste my time in showing you everything, then don't put the effort to learn yourself on what this is all about. I don't jump into something without doing a little backgrounder on it first. I would expect any intelligent person to do this. Okay, so that's fine, whatever. The second one, I had to do the same thing, and I'm like, you hear me talking about this ~ why the hell don't you go on look around and make your own decision if you want sign up. She's all excited about the idea of doing something, however, what they both don't realise is - its a networking, social community, much like MSN, AOL etc. In other words, a place to meet people. I admit, the idea of getting as many friends was inviting, and I eagerly spent a few days - clicking add me, add me, and building up my 'friends'. It was not until I actually started to get to know people, that I realised, its hard to keep up with hundreds of people, and eventually created a second profile for fun crazy nuts stuff. I chose people based on common interests, spending time looking for people who I thought I would click with, and the choices have all been 'bang' on. That's over six months or more. So here comes, new friend # 2, starts clicking away at all my 'choice' friends, with absolutely no thought as to how I would feel esp when one of them is someone who I am actively pursuing. There is no wrong with that, but I don't like sharing - I'm selfish (hey at least I'm honest!). Maybe I should have kept my space mine. Am I being a jealous bitch, no, but its like copying someone's space and claiming it as your own. So that's my rant for today... (yeah, stupid now...)

No comments: